Conditions of Hire
- The hirer is directly responsible to Chester Municipal Charities (CMC) for the proper and agreed use of the meeting rooms.
- The hirer should notify CMC of their preferred layout of the room at least a week prior to the hire room date.
- If the hirer wishes to use the projector they are responsible for configuring their own laptop. CMC does not provide I.T. support. Hirers are advised to arrive early on the hire date in order to configure their laptop to the projector settings.
- The hirer is responsible for the health and safety of their visitors/delegates and this includes fire safety. Hirers should familiarise themselves with fire procedures and fire exit routes prior to the start of their event.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere within The Bluecoat building.
- The hirer will be required to reimburse Chester Municipal Charities for all expenses incurred in reinstating any damage to the premises, furniture, equipment, kitchen, grounds etc caused by the hirer or any person admitted on to the premises by the hirer.
The projector in the Conference Room is new and we have found that, when connecting a laptop to our system a HDMI cable works great, but the old style computer leads can cause problems with relation to the size of the picture produced on the screen (always too small). We strongly recommend that you check if your cables are compatible with our system in advance: you are more than welcome to come in prior to your booking to check that your organisation’s laptop will work correctly on the day.
There is no I.T. Support Team at The Bluecoat.
The Conference Room is located on the first floor which is accessed by either the stairs or a lift. Unfortunately, whilst every effort has been made to make the building as accessible as possible, due to the building’s historic nature, it has not been possible to make the building fully accessible to all users. For wheel-chair users we provide two internal platform stair lifts (which grants access to the lift). The internal platform stair lifts take a maximum weight of 300kg, and the lift takes a maximum weight of 500kg. The platform stair lifts and lift are therefore not suitable for large electric wheelchairs or mobility scooters. We advise that, if visiting an event on the first floor, wheelchair users arrive at least ten minutes earlier that the start time.
IMPORTANT: one of the platform stair lifts is currently not working so access into the building is current via a ramp.
Hirers of the Conference Room can use the first floor kitchen which has an Instanta hot water machine. Alternatively, we can provide hot water flasks in the Conference Room for your clients to help themselves to drinks. Hirers do need to bring their own tea, coffee, milk and sugar as these are not provided.
The Bluecoat does not have its own car-park and there are no car-parking spaces within the immediate vicinity of the building. (Nearby car-parks include Garden Lane carpark and Fountains carpark – both are situated within a few minutes walking distance of the Bluecoat).
Cancellations of room hire must be confirmed in writing. If a cancellation is confirmed at least one calendar month before the scheduled room hire, no cancellation charges will apply: